"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Col. Jeff Cooper

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My wife is a keeper

Well, I already knew that, but it got confirmed again last week. April 4th was our 5th wedding anniversary and my wife gave me the gift every gun nut wants. A shiny new gun. Last month, I had put a $100 deposit down on a Glock 19 to start a lay away. My plan was to slowly pay it off after our anniversary because my extra cash until then was going to buy my wife's gift. For my anniversary gift, my wife paid off my lay away! We went this past Saturday to the gun shop to pick it up. It was just a plain jane Glock 19 like millions of others that have been made but I really like that model. Then, I look in the case and notice they have a new one with the OD frame (that is Glock's Olive Drab frame for those that don't know). Other than the color of the polymer frame, it is identical to any other Glock, but they make a very low percentage (I don't know the exact number, but I've heard about 5%) with the OD frame. I decided that since this gun would be sentimental to me and would never get sold, I'd like it to be a little more unique. So, I swapped out the standard black Glock 19 that was on lay away for the OD one. I like it a lot and have not regrets. I'll be heading to the range this weekend to break her in. I'm just hoping that between now and then I can find some extra ammo.

I'm sorry for the short post, but things have been busy. I'll try to write something with more meat next week. Stay safe out there... and watch your six.

0 comments:

Post a Comment